Respected Criminal Defense Attorney in Metro-Detroit
36 Years of Criminal Defense Experience
Metro-Detroit criminal defense attorney Kimberly W. Stout has practiced law in Michigan, particularly the metro-Detroit area, for 36 years. She attended the University of Detroit School of aw, graduating in 1985, and was admitted into practice in the State of Michigan, the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Attorney Stout’s mentor in the practice was renowned criminal defense attorney Neil H. Fink. Ms. Stout worked with Mr. Fink for over 25 years, trying numerous cases with him as both second and first chair. She utilizes lessons learned both from Mr. Fink and her many years of experience, to provide clients with the highest level of service.
A Highly Regarded Leader in the Field of Criminal Defense
ONLY CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY LISTED IN BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA, SUPER LAWYERS, LEADING LAWYERS AND TOP 50 FEMALE LAWYERS IN MICHIGAN.*
Best Lawyers in America was the only publication of its type started in 1983; many peer rated groups copied the idea in recent years.
Kimberly W. Stout has received recognition from her peers by nomination into the publication Best Lawyers in America every year since 2009. Best Lawyers in America is the oldest publication of peer rated and reviewed attorney ratings, well before Super Lawyers. Best Lawyers was first published in 1989 and included Ms. Stout’s mentor, Neil H. Fink, since its first publication. It is a top publication published in 70 countries.
Ms. Stout is included in Best Lawyers in America again this year as well as Super Lawyers, and listed in Detroit’s Hour Magazine as “Top Women Lawyers of 2018”
Further, Ms. Stout is an active member of the CDAM, the Criminal Defense Association of Michigan and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, NACOL. She speaks at CDAM as well as at other organizations on a variety of criminal defense topics.
An Active Member of the Detroit Community
Attorney Stout is involved in many causes in the Detroit area and throughout Michigan. Her volunteer experience includes:
- The Criminal Law Committee of the Oakland County Bar Association continued its Anatomy of a Criminal Case-2017 brown bag lunch lecture series with a look at “Navigating the Transition from State to Federal Court” on Tuesday, July 18, at the Oakland County Bar Center in Bloomfield Hills. – Detroit Legal News
- Director and Committee Member, Oakland County Prosecutor’s Foundation for Children, 2014- Present
- Director, Past President, Committee Member and currently President of the Board for the Ennis Center for Children, Inc., 1993-Present
- Founder and supporter of the Huntington HIV/AIDS Counseling Center in Nelspruit, Republic of South Africa, 2005-Present
- Supporter of the Henna Preschool in Nelspruit, Republic of South Africa, 2005- Present
- Detroit Public Schools, Volunteer 2013 – 2014
- Cub Scout Leader
Christmas 2019, Prosecutor’s Foundation for Children at Mandy’s Place