Representing metro-Detroit area clients involved in the criminal justice system with skill and compassion since 1985
Voted top 50 women lawyers in Michigan in 2016 Super Lawyers by her peers. Only female criminal defense attorney in top 50.
Kim Stout was nominated by her peers in Super Lawyers as Top 100 lawyers for 2017
Kimberly W. Stout practices in a small firm setting, to ensure her clients receive a high degree of personal service. She is always accessible to you and even provides her cell phone number.
Part of her success is her familiarity with the courts in Michigan and the players involved in the system. She is known in Oakland, Wayne, and Macomb counties, both in circuit and district courts, as well as in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. Ms. Stout understands the nuances of the various courts due to her experience.
Having been mentored and associated with prominent criminal defense attorney Neil H. Fink for 25 years, attorney Kimberly W. Stout offers top-notch representation to those involved in the criminal justice system. She is an aggressive, passionate, and knowledgeable advocate for those facing criminal charges.
Attorney Stout has practiced criminal defense in the metro-Detroit area for 30 years. Her offices are currently located in Birmingham, where she serves clients in Oakland, Wayne, Macomb, Washtenaw, Livingston, Ingham, and Jackson counties as well as others. Due to her extensive experience in both state and federal courts, criminal defense attorney Stout represents clients in all areas of criminal law, including:
- White collar crimes in both state and federal courts
- Violent crimes such as murder, manslaughter, assault and battery, robbery, and robbery-armed
- Property crimes including larceny, embezzlement, theft and fraud
- Home Invasion and Larceny in a Building
- Drug and/or controlled substance crimes in both state and federal courts including possession, possession with intent to deliver, delivery, grow operations, trafficking, and distribution
- RICO (racketeer and corrupt organizations act) in both state and federal courts
- Sex crimes including criminal sexual contact (first, second third, and fourth degree), child pornography, indecent exposure, sex registration issues (SORA and FSORA),
- PPO’s – personal protection orders
- Post-conviction appeals by right and leave in state courts, to the Michigan Court of Appeals and the Michigan Supreme Court
- Post-conviction appeals by right in the federal courts, to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. Supreme Court
- Motions for New Trial or relief from judgement (MCR 6.500, et seg. motions)
- Habeas Corpus Petitions
- Appeals by Leave
- Sentencing guideline issues
Most criminal prosecutions are resolved prior to trial. However, sometimes a trial is the only way for a defendant to receive justice. Either way, it is important to have a skilled and experienced litigator by your side as pre-trial matters such as motion hearing preliminary examinations, probable cause hearings, evidentiary hearings, and other judicial determinations can impact subsequent plea negotiations or trial. Attorney Stout excels both in and out of the courtroom.
To schedule a free consultation, contact her office at 248-258-3181 or online.